We aim to provide education in accord with Biblical truths and principles that are academically sound and effective in helping our students to develop their God-given skills and abilities, contributing to spiritual, emotional, social and character development. Our goal is that our students will become mature Christian adults who in turn, have a positive influence on our community and beyond, to the glory of God.
School Performance Report
The School Performance Report is written each year in response to the Commonwealth Government’s requirement.
School Performance Reports
2019 SACE Stage 2 Results
We give glory to God for the successes of our students and we thank the entire Emmaus Christian College staff and community for their contribution.
- 100% of all Stage 2 subjects were awarded a C grade or higher
- 100% of students aiming to complete SACE were successful
- 39.5% of all Emmaus grades were in the A band, compared to 27.6% across the state
- 17 A+ scores were awarded to the 2019 cohort, our highest number of A+ to date
5 students received A+ scores and also Merits (perfect subject scores) were awarded to:
- Millie Corbett (Research Project)
- Nathan Heath (Visual Arts - Design)
- Megan Monaghan (English)
- Jessica Reynold Chapa (English)
- Matthew Rohrlach (General Mathematics)
Of those students who qualified for an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR):
- 54% of Year 12 students (28 students) achieved an ATAR over 80
- 23% of Year 12 students (12 students) achieved an ATAR over 90
- 11.5% of Year 12 students (6 students) achieved an ATAR over 95
The highest two Emmaus 2019 ATAR scores were:
- 98.4 achieved by Jack Cheesman
- 98.25 achieved by Megan Monaghan
Year 12 students to be commended for receiving “straight As” across all their subjects are:
- Victoria Fielkeo
- Jessica Trezona
Our Year 12 student results are as impressive as their NAPLAN results at Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 for numeracy and literacy, which saw Emmaus students perform 8.5% above state averages. This represents an average advancement of over 16 months ahead compared to their same age average state counterparts. In 2019 100% of all eligible Emmaus Year 12 students achieved their SACE with 100% of all Stage 2 SACE subjects undertaken receiving a passing grade minimum. 40% of all Stage 2 SACE subjects undertaken by Emmaus students in 2019 were awarded A grades or higher compared with only 28% across the state. 2019 also saw Emmaus students awarded 17A+ individual SACE subject grades representing the highest possible subject grade. This represents the highest number of A+ Stage 2 SACE subject grades attained in any one year of the 40 year history of the College! Over half of all Emmaus 2019 student ATAR’s are ranked within the top 20% of the state with the highest 2019 ATAR an impressive 98.4.