At Emmaus Christian College students enjoy a wide range of sporting pursuits offered throughout the year and at every year level.
Through involvement in sports activities, students have the opportunity to:
- live an active lifestyle
- build friendships
- develop leadership and team work skills
- develop resilience skills
- compete in a structured and supportive sporting environment
- learn new and relevant skills
- implement strategies and tactics in competitive contexts
- experience success as an individual or as part of a team.
We understand and promote the importance of students being involved in an organised College sport or recreational team as it allows students to develop a sense of belonging and feel more a part of the wider College community.
Our annual Athletic Sports Days and Swimming Carnivals are for students in Foundation to Year 2, Year 3 to 6 and Year 7 to 12. These are large events in our College calendar when our three House teams Topaz, Ruby and Emerald respectfully compete for the carnival championship.
Inter-School Sports Competitions
Our College competes in many SAPSASA (South Australian Primary Schools Amateur Sports Association) and SSSSA (Secondary School Sport South Australia) sporting pursuits. We promote opportunities for talented students to trial for local district, state and national level honours.
We are strong supporters of the South Australian Christian Schools Association (SACSA) sporting competitions and have a proud history in table tennis, netball, basketball, swimming, athletics, soccer, 9-a-side AFL, volleyball and cross country.
After School Sporting Teams
Sporting teams are coached, managed and supervised by members of staff who may also coordinate the input of parents, friends or old scholars who may volunteer to assist.
After school sport competitions include:
- South Australian Christian Schools Sports Association (SACSA)
- School Sport SA
- SA Church Basketball Association
- Southern Districts Junior Soccer Association
- Southern Area Junior Netball Association
- South Australian United Church Netball Association Inc.
- Basketball Year 2-6 'Life be in it'
- Netball Year 2-6 'Life be in it'
- Interschool Competitions against other CSA schools
If you have any queries regarding co-curricular sports, please contact the sports faculty team via email@example.com.
College Sport Leaders
College Sport Leaders work closely with the Emmaus H&PE / Sports team to perform a wide variety of leadership roles from representing the College at large intra/inter-school sporting events and officiating and coaching various sport teams during the year. Leaders offer valuable input into sports event planning ensuring new and innovative ways for the College to continue to offer many sporting opportunities catering for a wide variety of student interests and passions.
Sport Leaders benefit from hearing from special guest speakers, qualified sports specialists and attending events where they learn about the importance of leadership, teamwork, sportsmanship and resilience and how to implement these while participating in competitive individual and team-based sporting pursuits.