Year 11 Subjects – Essential Mathematics
Level: Stage 1
Assumed knowledge: Year 10 Mathematics
Essential Mathematics is designed for a range of students, including those who are seeking to meet the SACE numeracy requirement, and students who are planning to pursue a career in a range of trades or vocational pathways. There is an emphasis on extending students’ mathematical skills in ways that apply to practical problem-solving in everyday and workplace contexts, in flexible and resourceful ways.
Students who complete 10 credits of this subject with a C grade or better will meet the numeracy requirement of the SACE.
- Calculations Ratio and Time
- Earning Money and Taxation
- SAT 1 Test on Calculation Time and Ratio
- SAT 2 How do we calculate our Wages and Taxes?
- SAT 3 Using Weapons of Maths Construction
- Folio Task Room Renovation