Year 11 – Essential Mathematics
Level: Stage 1
Assumed knowledge: Year 10 Mathematics
Essential Mathematics is designed for a range of students, including those who are seeking to meet the SACE numeracy requirement, and students who are planning to pursue a career in a range of trades or vocational pathways. There is an emphasis on extending students’ mathematical skills in ways that apply to practical problem-solving in everyday and workplace contexts, in flexible and resourceful ways.
Students who complete 10 credits of this subject with a C grade or better will meet the numeracy requirement of the SACE.
- Calculations Ratio and Time
- Earning Money
- Pythagoras and Trigonometry
- SAT 1 Test on Calculation Time and Ratio
- SAT 2 In-class guided Investigation
- SAT 3 Test on Measurement
- Folio Task Designing and Using an Inclinometer