Emmaus Christian College is actively monitoring the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is committed to providing families with accurate and timely information. It is our priority to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and community through well-informed, responsible, and timely decision making.
Our direct method of communication to our families is email. This webpage will be updated regularly to reflect the latest information sent to our community.
Latest College Communications
Communication in 2021
Communication in 2020
- SA Health - Face Masks
- South Australian Government SA Health
- Australian Government Coronavirus Updates
- Australian Government Department of Health
- World Health Organisation COVID-19 Updates
- National Coronavirus Helpline
- Smart Traveller COVID-19 Travel Advice
- Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Australian Government Department of Home Affairs
Parent and Education Resources
- Our Learning SA - SA Department for Education website supports continued learning between school and home.
- ABC Education - free, curriculum-linked resources for Primary and Secondary students and teachers.
- The Parents Website - Independent Schools Victoria
- Australian Independent Schools South Australia
- Parenting Ideas - Leading the way for children during the COVID-19 pandemic
- SACE Portal
Explaining the COVID-19 Pandemic with your family
This video from Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, a leading Australian child psychologist, outlines how parents and guardians can talk to their children about the virus. WATCH THE VIDEO
Behind The News (BTN)
The ABCs, BTN article and video provides the facts in an easy to understand way. The BTN special report also includes questions from school children. WATCH THE VIDEO
Wellbeing and Self-Care
During this difficult time, you can still access wellbeing and mental health support.
- Beyond Blue
- Tali Health - Helping kids cope with the COVID-19 epidemic
- Quartz - Keep Calm and Quarantine
- The New York Times - 10 Ways to Ease Your Coronavirus Anxiety
During this period, we will endeavour to answer all your questions as soon as possible. We encourage you to email your teachers directly about learning-related matters. Please see below key contacts to help direct your enquiries.
General Enquiries: email@example.com
Early Learning Centre Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer Requests: email@example.com
Student Wellbeing Coordinator F-6: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Wellbeing Coordinator 7-12: email@example.com
Chaplain, Adam Wood: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance, Sarah Ciuk: email@example.com